A software company within a well-known IT business group with the mission empowers thousands of retailers and brands with the best eCommerce platforms and flexible cloud solutions to rapidly innovate and grow is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our team and help construct the core of its Order Management product, as well as participate in the architecture and development of new, greenfield initiatives. We process and manage a substantial volume and variety of eCommerce and Logistics data. We invite you to be involved in building complex, fully featured Order Management capabilities, developing a distributed microservices system at scale, building tools and features to support cutting edge logistics, and designing projects for long-term reasonability and extensibility.
What You Must Have:
- Passion, ambition, and optimism, offset with realism. We are an ambitious Engineering organization with big goals. We take big chances and know that optimism and perseverance are the keys to success, and we are tested on that daily. If this excites you, great. If uncertainty is uncomfortable, this might not be the right place for you.
- Curiosity backed by execution. Technology is our mantra, and you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of e-commerce, Logistics, and Order Management. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. But it doesn’t stop there. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of the company.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting, and daunting challenges face us every day at work. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals. The company is looking for fighters, who go to bed and wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Apply deep knowledge of the fundamentals of Software Engineering to write robust, maintainable, efficient code that powers the Order Management product
- Apply experience working with fault-tolerant, resilient, highly-available distributed systems
- 4+ years of experience building Web Applications and Software-as-a-Service Platforms
- A demonstrated history of working and supporting DevOps culture, from build to deploy
- A good foundation in software architecture design patterns and the ability to apply those principles to real-world software problems
- Strong experience working with relational or NoSQL databases and an understanding of the trade-offs involved in interacting with SQL systems
- A demonstrated history of working with different technologies and a capacity to grow and learn difficult things continually
- Exceptional communication is a must
What Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have:
- Deep knowledge of PHP, Python, Java/C#, Go – or solid OOP experience
- A strong background building e-commerce or Logistics applications or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working with relational, NoSQL, or in-memory data stores, ideally mySQL, Postgres, or Redis
- We use containers quite a bit. If you have used Docker or Kubernetes experience, that’s going help
- The more you understand about cloud-native software engineering practices – AWS, Azure, GCP, or Digital Ocean – the better
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate in computer science or a related field, or relevant work experience
What You Will Get Out Of It
- A team of talented, passionate, stunning colleagues
- The opportunity to invent new solutions, transform existing ones, grow your career, and enhance your skill set
- Hands-on experience working at one of the fastest growing e-commerce portfolio companies on the planet
- An incredible office location in Barcelona
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org